Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...

   We weren't able to make it as far as I had hoped yesterday but where able to make it to a new state at least. Last night we made it to Chandler, OK which is just east of Oklahoma City. We stayed at the Lincoln Motel (picture below) which again wasn't a great motel but wasn't bad either. The motel did its job and gave a us a warm place to rest up, get on the internet, and take a hot shower before heading into Texas. We were able to stop at cool dive bar in the middle of nowhere and get some good 'ol american food, beer, and get a couple games of pool in before continuing on down the road. After getting our nourishment we ran into our good friend Mater in our short time in Kansas where I was able to snap a few pics. For dinner we stopped in at a small town diner in Bristow, OK and made plans to stop in here at the Lincoln Motel and get some rest. I keep forgetting to take pictures but I promise to snap as many as I can today.
   For today we hope to make it to Holbrook, AZ and stay in some teepees tonight at the Wigwam Motel. There is a lot to see between here and there so it shouldn't be a problem for me to find things to take a picture of. Some of things on the agenda today are, the Cadillac Ranch, the midpoint in Route 66 and the Midway Cafe, and many more sights as we make our way through Texas and New Mexico. Since there is a lot to see and do today we better be off.

MONEY RAISED:

       $416

A lot came in yesterday from friends and family and I thank you all for your very generous donations.
So a special thank you to Grandma Taylor and also to Uncle Andy and Aunt Ruth for taking this event international. I would also like to thank Curt Olsen for his donation and becoming the first non family member of Caleb to get involved. So far it has been a great turn out and again I thank you all for your thoughtful contributions. We are almost halfway done with the trip and almost halfway to the goal of $1,000, right on track. Keep spreading the word and following my blog. Feel free to leave any comments on here or send me an email with any questions, comments, or advise as I make my way across America.



Lincoln Motel in Chandler, OK



It's still a little cold outside... And inside the car.


    Mater!!


1 comment: